A legendary philosopher once mumbled, “Some men just want to watch the world burn.”
Wait. Hang on. That was part of Alfred Pennyworth’s counsel to Bruce Wayne in The Dark Knight. Still, he’s wise, and he’s right. Other men, good men, better men, heroes even, don’t want to watch the world burn — they want to stop the world from burning and rescue the downed.
In case you didn’t get enough the last time we saw footage like this, here’s exactly what it’s like to rush into a burning building to squelch the flames, courtesy of helmet cams:
That’s badassery on display right there.
Back in October we published this post about a film called BURN, which we’re now told will premiere at the 2012 Tribeca Film Festival this April. Brenna Sanchez and Tom Putnam better finish it quickly — they are reportedly still editing. If the full film is anything like this clip, it’s going to be awesome.
OTHER STORIES YOU’LL ENJOY:
• Right-Wing Ambush Gone Wrong: ‘DC’s Bad Boy Reporter’ Ambushes Bono … Impersonator!
• Molotov Cocktail Incoming: Man Firebombs Texas Democrat’s Office
• We Now Have the Trifecta of People Falling Into Funny Things While Texting
• Porn Star–Spamming High Schooler May Actually Get to Take One to Prom
• F. Scott Fitzgerald’s Letter to Daughter Scottie: ‘Things to Worry About’