It’s not exactly news that people are hateful idiots on the Internet.
But it’s still shocking to see people use a hashtag like “tomyunbornchild” to tell their future kids that they will murder them if they turned out to be homosexual. That’s what happened in March, when at least 100 people used the hashtag to express such popular opinions as “#ToMyUnbornChild if you so much as think about being a homosexual I’ll put a bullet in your damn skull,” “#ToMyUnbornChild if you’re gay… You will sleep in the oven” and “#ToMyUnbornChild if you turn out gay, I will burn you alive.”
Classy, yeah? So Charlotte Moore decided to do something about it. Moore wrote in the YouTube description of her video: “Reading their bile, the only thing I could think was: how would we feel if we heard actual parents saying this to actual children? I got the idea on a Thursday. By Sunday, we — me, my boyfriend, and whatever friends we could find to help us — had it filmed.”
At the end of the video, Moore & Co. list the Twitters of these hateful monsters. Feel free to tweet love and affection to them, but if you do, show them the civility they are lacking.
Go on, go ’head and click
and Follow Us for more updates straight to your news & nonsense feeds.
THE BEST STUFF OF THE DAY:
• This 14-Year-Old Sex Tape Producer Should Be Thankful He’s Not American
• Snakes on a Plane IRL: When Life Imitates Sh!tty Samuel L. Jackson Movies
• Aziz Ansari’s Hilarious ’50 Cent Grapefruit Story’
• Google Glasses: The Future Is Now
• Cops Must Think California Students Really Love the Taste of Pepper Spray
• Out of Touch? It’s Mitt Romney’s Pee-Wee Herman Moment
• This Man Will Not Be Urinating On Your Office Chairs Anymore, Attractive Ladies