The galaxy has been trolling calendar designers for centuries. Three hundred sixty-five days didn’t quite add up to a year, so they gave us an extra day every four years. That still didn’t quite add up, so they had us skip years ending in 00. THAT still didn’t completely work, so now every 400 years we DO have a leap year on an ’00. And it’s still off? What?
I thought scientists were supposed to have figured this shit out. I can barely wrap my head around it. Fortunately, C.G.P. Grey, much like Clarissa, explains it all.
Bill Nye would be proud.
PREVIOUSLY FROM C.G.P. GREY:
• 10 Common Misconceptions Debunked
• What Is Groundhog Day?
• It’s [Not] the End of the World as We Know It
• A Brief History of Santa Claus
• The United Kingdom Explained
• Daylight Saving Time Explained
• So You Think You Know How Many Continents There Are? Think Again.
• Copyright Law Explained