During CPAC and throughout the month of February, conservative media mogul Andrew Breitbart had been telling crowds he had damning Obama college tapes in his possession — tapes that connected the president to former Weather Underground terrorists Bill and Bernardine Dohrn.
During the Blog Bash event in Washington, D.C., February 9, Breitbart told Lawrence Sinclair of Sinclair News, “Wait till they see what happens March 1.”
What happened was Breitbart was walking home from a bar when he apparently suffered a fatal heart attack. He was pronounced dead just after midnight on March 1.
“I’ve got video from his college days that show you why racial division and class warfare are central to what hope and change was sold in 2008 … The videos are going to come out,” he told the crowd attending his CPAC speech last month.
Lots of questions remain. Could a tenuous connection to ’70s activists who attacked the United States Department of State building pose a legitimate threat to the Obama reelection campaign? And most importantly, after Breitbart’s death, will the tapes still come out?
Apparently, yes, they will — in a week to 10 days, filmmaker Steve Bannon, a friend of Breitbart’s, said on the Sean Hannity Show Thursday night.
Oddly, there were people crying “Obama did it!” the moment Breitbart died. Looks like they won’t be shutting up anytime soon.