Hypervocal Menu
 

Blog

Man Falls to His Death After Eating Pot Cookie, and the Denver Post Is ON IT

Share on FacebookTweet about this on Twitter

Slade Sohmer


By Slade Sohmer on April 2, 2014


It’s confirmed: The Denver medical examiner’s office says a Wyoming college student visiting Colorado on spraaannng break in mid-March fell to his death after eating a newly legal marijuana cookie.

The Denver Post has more on the sad story of Levy Thamba:

The coroner also listed “marijuana intoxication” from a marijuana-infused cookie as a significant condition contributing to the death. The report lists the death as an accident.

According to an autopsy, Thamba’s marijuana concentration in his blood was 7.2 nanograms of active THC per milliliter of blood. In impaired driving cases, state law sets a standard of 5 nanograms per milliliter at which juries can presume impairment.

Thamba’s death is the first publicized case of death as a result of “marijuana intoxication” since the legalized sales began at the start of the year.

The Denver Post, which hired a pot editor and everything, is pushing this hard. The alert for this story runs across the entire site, on every post, so you can’t escape it. There’s also a weird, macabre social directive to TWEET THIS site-wide alert, which is a lovely function but woefully misplaced.

pot cookie

It’s nice to see the Denver Post go all in on the marijuana revolution, but there have been accidental deaths as a result of marijuana before the legalization and more will follow. Let’s save the breaking news alerts and subsequent social media commands for the real, non-420 stuff.

SEE ALSO:
We Are All Peter Tosh: 58% of Americans Favor Legalizing Marijuana
Stoned Kids: Controversial Use of Medical Marijuana for Children

[banner pic via Weed Smokers Guide; story h/t @TheStalwart]
Share on FacebookTweet about this on Twitter


GET VOCAL - COMMENT

Check out HyperVocal's Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome