Because The Internet loves a good off-camera lunge:
Man drinks water, Internet explodes, silly story. But this is why you never give the SOTU response if you have bigger political ambitions. Never ever.
Rubio, it should be noted, was one of 22 senators who voted against the Violence Against Women Act on Tuesday, which passed 78-22.
STORIES MORE WORTH A CLICK THAN GIF’D MEMES:
• EBONY Mag Goes Full Sass on LAPD’s ‘We’re Targets’ Statement
• 8-Year-Old Boy Scolds Disney, Upset Over Lack of Princes on Cruise
• Will Ferrell Is Now a Lakers Security Guard Named ‘Ted Vagina’
Aggregator extraordinaire Philip Bump breaks this down:
1. He hasn’t finished his sentence. Finish your sentence first!
2. Commit to the water. Stop. Drink. When you’re done, say excuse me and continue.
3. Do not look at the camera while reaching for/replacing the bottle. It makes you look very nervous.
4. And absolutely no matter what, do not look at the camera while drinking. Do not do that.
The Rubio team has a great sense of humor, responding already:
Rubio also addressed the fact that he was parched on Good Morning America on Wednesday, saying “I needed water, what am I going to do, you know?” He added: “God has a funny way of reminding us we’re human.”
Yeah, God did that.