Homicide: Lottery Winner Fatally Poisoned After Collecting $425,000 SHARE: Tweet When 37-year-old Matthew Good won half of the $587.5 million Powerball jackpot back in December, his first impulse was spot-on: remain anonymous. Good was outed anyway, and everyone in his family, his neighborhood and the country knew that he now had a net worth of at least $192 million. While it must feel good to have all that money, human nature being what it is, it must be tough to know so many people want all your money. Sadly, it seems, Urooj Khan found out what *could* happen when your friends, family and neighbors know you just won a lottery jackpot. AP photo The AP reports that Khan was fatally poisoned just one day after he collected a $425,000 payout in the Chicago lottery: Cook County Medical Examiner Stephen Cina (SEE’-nuh) says a limited exam initially found Urooj (oo-ROOJ’) Khan died of natural causes, but a relative asked for a deeper investigation. A full toxicology test revealed Khan had ingested a deadly amount of cyanide, and his death was re-classified as a homicide. Khan died July 20, a day after collecting the lump sum option on a $1 million win. He bought the ticket at a 7-Eleven near his home in West Rogers Park, a neighborhood on Chicago’s North Side. Khan’s body will likely be exhumed as part of the investigation. SEE ALSO: • Instant Karma: Chicago Man Helping Sandy Cleanup Wins NJ Lottery • What It Looks Like to Be Handed a Nearly $300 Million Check • Man Struck by Lightning Hours After Buying Mega Millions Tickets Follow Us MOST RECENT BY Slade Sohmer:Mandela, A-Rod, Same DiffNelson Mandela Dies, Leaving ‘Best Human on Earth’ Title Up For GrabsNikki Finke Is Taking the Mandela News Well Slade Sohmer Slade Sohmer is editor-in-chief of HyperVocal and co-host of SiriusXM's daily "Politics Powered By Twitter" program. Tweet him at @SladeHV.