Crews on Monday continued clearing debris from the Florida home where a sinkhole swallowed 36-year-old Jeff Bush last week. And for the first time, we’re seeing the size and scope of the 20-foot-wide, 50-foot-deep hole.
Here’s the local ABC affiliate’s report:
Officials have not recovered Bush’s body and have said it will not be possible to do so. “I couldn’t get him out,” his brother Jeremy Bush told reporters. “I tried so hard. I tried everything I could.” Jeremy and four others, including a two-year-old child, were home but uninjured by the sinkhole.
UPDATE: A second sinkhole, three miles away, has opened: