At the 2008-2009 Methuen High School Invitational, high school wrestler Nathan Gioacchini took on a then-unknown Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. The final score of the match was was 15-3, with Nate the victor.
Naturally, looking back, he called it “A great win for America!” So what other way to celebrate this hindsight success than to score the footage with “America: Fuck Yeah” from Team America: World Police.
Predictably, the YouTube comments section is a mix of delight and horror. The video, however, comes with this caveat:
This video was made for comedic purposes only. No one is trying to portray themselves as a hero, it was just made for fun. Also, my deepest sympathies go out to all those affected by the Boston Marathon bombings and the aftermath that took place in the surrounding areas of Boston.
Funny, though not exactly classy. Want to see classy? This is Andy Gleeson, who wrestled Tsarnaev twice in one tournament in 2010. He beat him once in the winners’ bracket, and again when he faced him in the losers’ bracket.
via Barstool Sports
When Barstool Sports reached out to Gleeson for comment, he said:
“Thanks for the offer but the spotlight is not the place for me, and the real heroes are the officers that made the arrest. I’m just one of many wrestlers who got the chance to make him squirm. That’s good enough for me.”
Two different ways to deal with this Boston tragedy. Is one right?
• Eyewitness Account, With Pics, of Tsarnaevs’ Shootout With Police
• Helicopter Video Released: Hovering Over Dzhokhar’s Capture
• Watch Big Papi’s Big Fenway Speech, F Bomb
• Montage of TV Networks Announcing Tsarnaev’s Capture
• The Uncle Ruslan Experience
• The Brothers Tsarnaev: The Crazy Overnight Story of Boston Bombers
• Megyn Kelly Recites Eminem’s ‘Forgot About Dre’ In Boston Report
• Harvard Freshmen Applaud Dining Staff Who Braved Manhunt
• Chechen Leader Posts Disavowal of Boston Bombers to Instagram
• Bombings, Guns & Immigration: Policy Questions After Boston