In addition to being a genuinely brilliant television show, Breaking Bad has also spawned many real-life plot situations.
The latest case comes from Washington state, where a man tried to dispose of a body the Walter White way: dissolving it in a bathtub full of acid.
Unfortunately for the real-life alleged killer, it didn’t end well.
According to KTVB, the body of 33-year-old Regan Jolley was found naked in a bathtub at the home of 27-year-old Jason Hart.
It was discovered by Hart’s roommate, Dean Settle.
Settle told local reporters that he noticed a puddle in the garage that led him to the body. If that’s not creepy enough, investigators found an episode of Breaking Bad inside Hart’s DVD player with the exact episode that featured the same murder plot.
“The only thing I know or feel about it — that was his favorite series,” said Settle. “That’s what he told me. I think he used it as instructions to go do what he was doing to dispose the body.”
Yikes. Totally busted.
Hart pleaded not guilty to second degree murder.
His trial date was set for mid-August.
• Baez Brothers Eerily Similar to Tuco Salamanca’s Cousins
• School Shut Down After Traces of Meth Found in Principal’s Office
• Breaking Boston: College Professor Accused of Running Meth Ring
• Breaking Bad: The New Class (Miami Officer Busted in Meth Ring)
• Florida Police Officer Steals Bright Idea from “Breaking Bad”