In July 2009, Fox News thought Egypt sat between Iran and Syria.
• SEE ALSO: Hey, Mitt, It’s 1980s Ronald Reagan Calling
A little more than three years later, Mitt Romney showed at the third presidential debate that he’s not much better than Fox when it comes to Middle Eastern geography. Romney claimed, curiously, that Syria is Iran’s “route to the sea.” It’s puzzling when you, ya know, look at a map and realize Iran is not landlocked and doesn’t even border Syria.
The countries may be allied, but water seems to have nothing to do with it.
• What Obama & Romney Would Sound Like Interviewing For Real Job
• Romney, Obama Roast Themselves and Each Other at Al Smith Dinner
• President Obama on The Daily Show
• The Must-Have Election Apps of 2012
• Tucker Carlson Compares Candy Crowley to John Wilkes Booth