Steve George and Bobby Pattison, two Newtown High School teachers, left a whiteboard message for President Obama as he visited the Connecticut town this weekend to speak to the grieving families impacted by the tragedy and address a nation in mourning over the young lives lost.
Good Guy POTUS responded:
Myself an pattison left a note to president Obama on my board and he responded!!Here is his response. twitter.com/newtownfootbal…
— Steven George (@newtownfootball) December 17, 2012
Here’s the transcription:
Dear President Obama,
The Newtown community is so thankful that you are coming to help us heal. In times of adversity it is reassuring to know that we have a strong leader to help us recover.
Steve George Teacher/Football Coach
Bobby Pattison Teacher
And his response:
You’re in our thoughts and prayers.
That’s one whiteboard that should never be erased.
MORE ON NEWTOWN:
• Obama Holds Granddaughter of Fallen Sandy Hook Principal
• NRA ‘A’-Rated Sen. Joe Manchin Says Rhetoric Must Change on Guns
• Obama’s Moral Compass Address: After Newtown, ‘We Must Change’
• Westboro Baptist Church to Protest Sandy Hook Funerals?
• Watch SNL’s Classy Children’s Choir ‘Silent Night’ Cold Open
• Paper Apologizes For Gun Ad Appearing Next to Newtown Story
• Mass Shooting at CT Elementary School, 20 Children Among 27 Killed
• This Newtown Vigil Grief-Relief Group Hug Means All Too Much
• C.J. Cregg Has a Message For the ‘Arm Every Teacher!’ Crowd
• Watch Pres. Obama’s Emotional Statement on Newtown Tragedy
• Mike Huckabee Blames Newtown Tragedy on Lack of God in Schools