Mall Santas can be a cold bunch. In December 2008, This American Life correspondent Josh Bearman told the incredible true story of an intra-Santa political fight between two groups, one led by Santa Nick, the other by Santa Tim; one accused of profiting from the Amalgamation of Real Bearded Santas, and one accused of becoming a power-hungry Santa Stalin.
One particular Boston-area mall Santa is no such Grinch. When he saw a shy 3-year-old boy with two hearing aids, he broke out his best sign language and asked the child whether he was a good boy this year. Simply amazing.
• Alabama Fan Surprises Dad With Ticket to BCS Championship Game
• Mmm, Edible Gingerbread White House Looks Delicious
• 7 Quick Tips For a Merry Christmas
• Drunk Santa Falla Off Roof, Crushing Your Presents & Childhood
• 22 Cases of Christmas Apathy