Former Arkansas Governor and one-time presidential candidate Mike Huckabee appeared on Fox News only hours after Friday’s unthinkable tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut.. With the death toll still rising, and 20 elementary school children dead, Huckabee didn’t miss the opportunity to grossly capitalize on this horrific day by making it a religious issue.
CAVUTO: How could God let this happen?
HUCKABEE: Well, you know, it’s an interesting thing. Whe ask why there is violence in our schools, but we’ve systematically removed God from our schools. Should we be so surprised that schools would become a place for carnage because we’ve made it a place where we don’t want to talk about eternity, life, what responsibility means, accountability … That we’re not just going to have to be accountable to the police, if they catch us. But one day, we will stand in judgment before God. If we don’t believe that, we don’t fear that.
Maybe the better question is, how could God ever allow someone like Mike Huckabee hold public office if this is the immediate opinion he has to offer on such a dark day for our nation?
The sad thing is, Huckabee isn’t the only ones proffering these opinions, just hear what Bryan Fischer has to say:
Maybe what both these men should realize that the Christian thing to do would be to honor the families and memories of the victims by not jumping at the first chance you get to make a horrific tragedy about your own agenda.
MORE ON NEWTOWN:
• Paper Apologizes For Large Gun Ad Appearing Next to Newtown Story
• Even GOP Idol Ronald Reagan Advocated More Gun Control
• Mass Shooting at CT Elementary School, 20 Children Among 27 Killed
• This Newtown Vigil Grief-Relief Group Hug Means All Too Much
• C.J. Cregg Has a Message For the ‘Arm Every Teacher!’ Crowd
• Watch Pres. Obama’s Emotional Statement on Newtown Tragedy