Former Vice President Dick Cheney waited 20 months on the heart transplant list. On Saturday, thanks to an anonymous donor, the 71-year-old received his new organ and is now recovering from the surgery.
Cheney has had five heart attacks, the first of which came when he was 37. His latest was in 2010.
Surgeries are generally closed to cameras, but HyperVocal’s inside sources were able to obtain some exclusive video from the procedure. Take a look at how Cheney received his donated organ here:
We keed, we keed. Cheney is resting in the intensive care unit of Inova Fairfax Hospital in Falls Church, Virginia. When we reached out for comment, we didn’t expect a response. But here’s what he told us:
“The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute reported that about 88% of patients survive the first year after transplant surgery and 75% survive for five years,” according to the Los Angeles Times.
MORE STORIES YOU’LL ENJOY WHILE YOU’RE HERE:
• An Open Letter to Geraldo Rivera, by ‘Most People’
• Iraqi Woman Beaten in San Diego Home Dies from Injuries
• 10 Obama-Hating Reactions to POTUS’ Trayvon Martin Remarks
• Crouchbot: Stop What You’re Doing and Watch the Goooooal of the Season So Far
• Vanity Fair’s Oral History of The Sopranos Is Must-Read Stuff
• Here’s a Great Acoustic Cover of MGMT’s ‘Electric Feel’ … In Bed