1. Today is September 4, Beyoncé Knowles’ 31st birthday.
2. 4 is not only her favorite number, but also the title of her most recent solo album. Her mother was born on January 4. She was married on April 4. Her husband’s birthday is December 4. And she named her daughter Blue Ivy — “IV” — after the number.
3. The mere fact of Beyoncé’s birthday made Justin Bieber orgasm.
oooohh yeah. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEYONCE!
— Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) September 4, 2012
4. In 2010, Beyoncé made Grammy history when she became the only female artist to win six awards in one night.
5. She has a secret handshake with bandmate Michelle Williams.
6. Her moves.
7. She wrote this letter to Michelle Obama:
8. Not even giving birth can slow her down.
9. Kids make awesome shot-for-shot tribute videos for her.
10. Even the curmudgeons at Pitchfork love “Countdown.” “The new track makes 10 years of loyalty seem just as thrilling as the first time,” they wrote.
11. She was ranked 4th (her lucky number!) in Forbes’ 2008 Most Powerful Celebrities list. She’s down to 16 this year — still not too shabby.
12. Just look at the way she posed with that baby bump.
13. When you turn her music on, every party turns into this:
14. Every single person in the world thinks Beyoncé is beautiful …
15. But no one thinks so more than this guy.
16. Her favorite game is Connect 4.
17. The name Beyoncé comes from mom Tina Knowles’ maiden name, Beyincé.
18. Her nicknames includes JuJu, Moth, and Bee.
19. She was the first nonmodel and nonathlete to appear on the cover of Sports Illustrated’s swimsuit issue, in 2007.
20. Beyoncé is allergic to perfume; the scents she endorses have been chemically altered to prevent a reaction. So in essence, Beyoncé’s signature scent is her own body odor. (No one can figure out how to bottle it.)
21. She had a cat named Master P.
22. She got the honor of serenading President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama during their first dance at the Neighborhood Inaugural Ball, with Etta James’ hit “At Last.”
23. Before she led Destiny’s Child, a 12-year-old Beyoncé was part of a group called Girl’s Tyme that apepared on Star Search.
24. In 2001, she became the first African-American woman to win the ASCAP Songwriter of the Year award.
25. Beyoncé was taunted in elementary school about the size of her ears. She told People, “I used to get teased because they were bigger than my head.”
26. But nobody wears big, heavy earrings like Beyoncé.
27. She used to charge her parents’ houseguests $5 to watch her perform.
28. “Bootylicious” was added to the Oxford English Dictionary in 2004. Definition: “Especially of a woman, often with reference to the buttocks: sexually attractive, sexy, shapely.”
29. Your jaw would drop if you saw her coming toward you.
30. Her face.
31. Her voice.