Evolution, the silly little theory that suggests the origin of species can be traced back from a universal common ancestor nearly four billion years ago and has adapted via natural selection, is not exactly a widely held belief here in the God-fearing States of ‘Murrica.
In fact, of all the countries in the Western world, the United States trails every single nation except for Turkey when it comes to our believing human beings evolved from earlier species of animals.
A new Gallup survey underscores this finding: “Forty-six percent of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years. The prevalence of this creationist view of the origin of humans is essentially unchanged from 30 years ago, when Gallup first asked the question. About a third of Americans believe that humans evolved, but with God’s guidance; 15% say humans evolved, but that God had no part in the process.”
Yup, ONLY 15 PERCENT OF AMERICANS SURVEYED BELIEVE IN AN EVOLUTIONARY PROCESS IN WHICH GOD PLAYED NO ROLE.
Let’s put this in perspective:
• A bigger percentage of Americans believes Barack Obama is a Muslim (16%) than in evolution without God’s guidance (15%).
• A bigger percentage of Americans believes that John Edward dude can talk to your dead relatives (21%) than in evolution without God’s guidance (15%).
• A bigger percentage of Americans believes in witches (21%) than in evolution without God’s guidance (15%).
• A bigger percentage of Americans believes that the sun revolves around the Earth (22%) than in evolution without God’s guidance (15%).
• A bigger percentage of Americans believes the United States won its independence from a country other than Great Britain (24%) than in evolution without God’s guidance (15%).
Thankfully, however, a bigger percentage of Americans believe in evolution than the theory that Elvis Presley is still alive and hiding out.
You may disagree and say, “Well, it’s really 47%, because even if these people believe in God’s guidance, they still believe in evolution, man!” That may be true — we’ll leave the judgment up to you. This exercise is one that simply points out the small percentage of people who believe in evolution with no invisible hand. Draw your own conclusions.
Follow us! Click
and Follow Us for more updates straight to your news and nonsense feeds.