UPDATE II: Oh, and pepper spray is a “food product, essentially,” according to FOX News.
Last Friday at the University of California at Davis, Lt. John Pike casually pepper sprayed a line of nonviolent seated students who clearly posed no threat. He was oblivious to all the other students armed with smartphones taking pictures and uploading the travesty for the world to see.
No sooner had the videos begun circulating around the Internet did a Tumblr pop up with Lt. Pike’s image Photoshop’d into people and things throughout history. It also happens to be the most pleasurable Photoshop meme since strutting Leonardo DiCaprio and prancing Michael Cera in 2010.
You can check out a full gallery of the images, but these are a few of our favorites.
That last one was just too good not to include.
PREVIOUSLY IN PEPPER SPRAYINGS:
• You’re Doing It Right: UC Davis Students Respond with Silent, Powerful Protest of Pepper Spraying
• I See Your Nonviolence and Raise You Pepper Spray
• Immediately Iconic Shot from Occupy Portland
• 84-Year-Old Woman Pepper Sprayed By Seattle Police at Occupy Protests
• Starting to See a Pattern? Occupy Tulsa Protesters Pepper Sprayed, Arrested
• Doin’ the Haka? Utah Cops Will Pepper Spray You
• Buncha Bologna: Pepper-Spraying NYPD Officer Loses Just 10 Days Vacation