WILL: And what does winning look like to you?
MACKENZIE: Reclaiming the Fourth Estate. Reclaiming journalism as an honorable profession. A nightly newscast that informs a debate worthy of a great nation. Civility, respect, and a return to what’s important. The death of bitchiness. The death of gossip and voyeurism. Speaking truth to stupid. No demographic sweet spot, a place where we all come together.
It’s that time again. It’s that time when Aaron Sorkin returns to the small screen with lessons for everyone. Don’t like the gossip on your cable news program? Bam, soapbox! Don’t like the partisan rancor from the anchor? Bam, speechify! Don’t like the way producers mine the lowest common denominator for stories? Bam, high-minded lecture about the glory days! Ready? “The Newsroom” is coming to HBO in June.
A trailer for Sorkin’s long-awaited show about a dying business, which marks the screenwriter’s first return to television since the cancellation of “Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip”, dropped over the weekend. And perhaps its “The West Wing” fan in us talking here, but it looks pretty damn enticing:
Jeff Daniels and Sam Waterson getting all preachy about the news? Count us in, yo.
Go on, go ’head and click
and Follow Us for more updates straight to your news & nonsense feeds.
MORE STORIES YOU MAY ENJOY WHILE YOU’RE HERE:
• Hottest ‘Hot for Teacher’ Sex Saga Ever
• After Planking & Tebowing, What’s Next? 15 Must-See Future Photo Memes
• Fall for These April Fools’ Jokes?
• Aerial Nudes: Check Out This Amazing Photography Project
• Watch This Incredible Shotgun-Formation Halfcourt Alley-Oop in a High School Game
• Dude Rocks Carnegie Hall … With a Wicked Harmonica Mini-Set