The Christmas episode of Saturday Night Live was surprisingly terrific. Martin Short was typically brilliant, some celebrity cameos in the monologue lightened the mood, and Samuel L. Jackson even dropped an F Bomb on live TV … but there was nothing better than the show’s cold open, a rare play-it-straight affair, a non-sketch that set the perfect tone for the show following the tragic Sandy Hook killings. “Silent Night” never sounded so good.
MORE ON NEWTOWN:
• Westboro Baptist Church to Protest Sandy Hook Funerals?
• Even GOP Idol Ronald Reagan Advocated More Gun Control
• Paper Apologizes For Gun Ad Appearing Next to Newtown Story
• Mass Shooting at CT Elementary School, 20 Children Among 27 Killed
• This Newtown Vigil Grief-Relief Group Hug Means All Too Much
• C.J. Cregg Has a Message For the ‘Arm Every Teacher!’ Crowd
• Watch Pres. Obama’s Emotional Statement on Newtown Tragedy
• Mike Huckabee Blames Newtown Tragedy on Lack of God in Schools
Other great highlights from the show: