Thanks to Superstormicane Sandy, millions of people on the East Coast are facing up to a week without power. Even if your life isn’t turning into the plot of Cormac McCarthy’s The Road, Practical Survivor’s guide to making a DIY mini-stove is pretty neat.
Here’s what you need:
• Coffee can
• Can opener
• Tin snips
• Drill and drill bits
• Metal coat hanger
Here’s how to do it:
And here’s why:
• This Is What the New York Subway System Looks Like Now
• Anyone Have $5 Million They Can Donate?
• Wild Video: Con Edison Power Station Explodes
• Watch Water Flood Into NYC’s Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel
• Jet Skier Rips Waves in N.Y. Harbor Hours Before Sandy’s Arrival
For more detailed instructions — and instructions for a compact hobo stove — check out Practical Survivor.